Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The fly episode

I am 6 yrs old. I am waiting at a road near a stadium in Pune for my brother. I am anxious. It has been almost half-an-hour since he turned into a housefly and vanished near a drain. Whom do I tell my predicament? I want my brother back; I am scared. I have tears in my eyes and just when I am about to break down there he is! my bro in flesh and blood! I start crying with relief. I had expected the worst. I had thought that my bro had failed in turning into a human being ...But there he was...laughing at me for crying...We reach home and out of sheer frustration I narrate the incident to my mom. My mom turns out to be my mom(dumb)...she questions my bro about his extraordinary powers. Very seriously, without batting an eyelid my bro admits to having such capabilities. The light questioning turns to a full-fledged investigation. My bro is taken to the ultimate judge, Guruvayurappan(Lord Krishna), for the polygraph test. He is asked to take an oath in the divine presence. With the sacred ash smeared on his forehead, unflinchingly my bro says, "Yes, I can turn into a fly". He resolutely sticks to his claim even when mom tries to torture him into confessing to the contrary. Our friends and neighbours gather; a discussion ensues. Amidst all this commotion only my faith in my bro's supernatural ability does not waver. Afterall I had seen it with my own eyes.
Some days later my bro confides in me, "I will tell you a big secret, don't ever tell it to anyone...noone will believe....uma, I can turn into a peanut as well".

No comments:

Post a Comment